The Scientific Programme Committee and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of ISEC2018 want to ensure that everyone associated with the conference feels welcome, safe and comfortable. To this end, we expect meeting attendees to abide by the following Code of Conduct. This code is based on those published by professional societies such as the British Ecological Society, American Statistical Association and Society for Marine Mammalogy.
- Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
- Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others and be considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
- Be respectful in your critique of ideas.
- Maintain a professional and cordial dialogue with all participants.
- Maintain a safe and appropriate physical and emotional distance in all interactions.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Respect the rules and policies of all venues associated with the meeting.
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, organizer, service provider or other meeting guest, either in person or via electronic (e.g., social) media.
- Examples of unacceptable behaviour include, but are not limited to: inappropriate comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin; threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, or service provider.